There are several brushes used to achieve perfect eye makeup, including the eye contour brush, eye liner brush, mascara brush, eye groomer brush, eye shadow brush, eye smudger brush, and eye applicator brush.
As the name suggests, an eye shading brush is used for precise application of eye shadow, creating smoky effects, or achieving a subtle makeup finish around the eyes.
The number of eye makeup brushes you need depends on the type of eye makeup you prefer. Some essential eye makeup brushes to consider include the eye shadow brush, eye liner brush, eye groomer brush, mascara brush, and eye contour brush.
With proper maintenance, eye brushes can last for years. However, it is recommended to replace your makeup brushes every 1 to 3 years, depending on your frequency of use.
Cleaning your eye makeup brushes is easy:
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a gentle shampoo or clarifying shampoo.
- Stir the brushes in the mixture for a few minutes.
- Rinse the brushes with water until all the shampoo is completely removed.
- Gently squeeze out excess water and allow the brushes to dry naturally on a clean cloth.
- Store them in a cool, dry place for future use.