A pumice stone is an abrasive, yet light stone used to get rid of dead skin. This stone is also incredibly useful in removing calluses and corns that cause pain and discomfort to your skin. While there are innumerable pumice stone uses, it’s important to know the right way to use them.
What follows is a step-by-step guide detailing everything you need to know about using a pumice stone.
Prepping your Skin
There are a few things that you need to take care of before and after pumice stone application. The first thing is to prep your skin. To do so, soak your desired skin area with lukewarm water for a few minutes and dry it with a soft towel. You can also add a few drops of body oil to the water for better results. A pumice stone uses the moisture on your skin to gently exfoliate and get rid of dead skin without being extremely harsh.
Using the Pumice Stone
STEP # 1: Dampen the pumice stone with warm water. It is always good to use pumice stone that way as it can avoid being too abrasive for sensitive skin and causes less cuts or bruises.
STEP # 2: Pat dry soaked skin with a soft towel.
STEP # 3: Glide the soaked pumice stone in circular motions using a gentle hand for a few minutes.
STEP # 4: While using the pumice stone on your feet, focus on heels, ankles, and the corner of your toes, as these areas develop the most amount of dead skin. You can also use pumice stone for corns and calluses.
STEP # 5: Rinse the treated area and pat dry with a soft towel.
How to Use Pumice Stone on Face?
There are many pumice stone uses for your face as well. For example, it can help you remove tan and keep blackheads and whiteheads at bay. Using a pumice stone on your face can also help get rid of acne and pimples.
The skin on your face is much more sensitive than the rest of your body. This is why the procedure of using a pumice stone on your face is slightly different.
- First, apply a mild face wash or cleanser on your face and gently rub the pumice stone in circular motions for no more than fifteen minutes.
- After exfoliating your skin, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Once you’re done with exfoliating your skin with a pumice stone, apply a generous amount of body oil or moisturizer to the treated skin.
- Clean the pumice stone thoroughly after every use. Simply place it under running water and clean it with a toothbrush or a bristle brush. You can also use a small amount of liquid soap to clean your pumice stone.
- Allow the pumice stone to air dry.
- After a few pumice stone uses, boil it in hot water for a few minutes to disinfect thoroughly.
There are innumerable pumice stone uses for your skin. Gentle exfoliation with a pumice stone can make your skin softer and healthier by getting rid of dead skin cells, which lead to multiple skin problems. Moreover, a pumice stone can help you get rid of tan and reveal brighter, softer skin.
At VEGA, we have a range of excellent pedicure tools and beauty accessories, including pumice stones, that can help you pamper your skin at home every day. So browse through our website today and say hello to fabulous skin!
- May 17, 2021