We all tend to take care of our skin in every possible manner. From applying moisturizers daily to hydrate the skin to visiting the parlor for a body polish, there are endless processes. But what about your feet? How often do you take measures to care for them and invest in products that cater to offering flawless feet?
It is a harsh but true fact that, unlike the skin of our other body parts, we do not bother much about our feet. However, it is crucial to take constant care of them and take necessary measures to maintain them. Our feet undergo a lot, no matter the season of the year. They are continuously exposed to the sun, pollution and harsh weather conditions that lead to dryness, calluses, corns and more. To tackle these skin issues, using a pumice stone is your best bet. They are easy to use and only demand a little consistency from you for smooth and healthy skin.
Using a pumice stone is pretty simple, but there are certain steps to consider to ensure you’re doing it the right way. This will keep you at bay from not removing too much skin which can only lead to soreness or bleeding at times.
Here’s a Step-by-Step Guide to Using a Pumice Stone
To get smooth skin on your feet, it is extremely important that you use the best quality products. At Vega, you can come across multiple Pumice Stones in gorgeous colors that cater to exfoliate the skin without affecting otherwise. To start the procedure of using a pumice stone on your feet, there are a few other things that you should consider. Here’s a step-step-by guide to getting flawless skin using the same:
- 1. Take a large bowl of warm water and add a few drops of liquid soap to soften the hard, dry and callused skin.
- 2. Dip your feet into the bowl while you sit back and relax, enjoying the warm water for 5-10 minutes. Put the pumice stone in the water as well so that it softens to avoid injury to your skin.
- 3. Take out one foot from the warm water and using a pumice stone, gently scrub the heels and other affected areas from the abrasive side in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Dip your foot back into the water and repeat the third process with your other foot. Ensure that you do not apply too much pressure.
- 5. Once done, check if the dry skin cells are removed and if soft skin is visible. If not, rub the pumice stone back on the required foot as required.
- 6. Wash your feet with clean water and pat dry with a clean towel. Do not rub the skin with a towel to dry the skin as that may cause a sore sensation.
- 7. Apply a moisturizer or a foot cream or foot oil on the skin. Leave the skin free for a few minutes. You can also wear a pair of light socks in case you require stepping outside.
To get the best results, it is highly recommended to repeat this process at least once or twice a week. This will ensure give you soft and supple skin, while also keeping it at bay from common skin issues such as calluses, cracks and corns. Also, remember to dry your pumice stone after the procedure by placing it in an area without moisture to avoid bacterial growth on it. You can also use the stone to remove dead skin cells from your knees and elbows.