You, like most men, know that a lustrous, free-flowing beard looks great, but it's not such a bad idea to try out a cleaner, sharper, and suave style occasionally. Be it the clean-shaven workaholic look or even a short stubble that gives a smart yet mysterious vibe. There's a lot more to shaving than just swiping a trimmer across your face. For those who want to master the art of manscaping, just purchasing the best trimmer for men won't automatically promise the perfect trim. How you use the hair trimmer is what delivers the final result.
Today, with the sort of hectic life that we have, it is understandable why you'd prefer to compromise with your shaving needs. Won’t it be great if you had the right equipment to do your grooming—trimming your beard or hair at home is no different from getting it done at a salon? What you need is a good trimmer which will in a matter of minutes, take care of your unkempt facial hair. Choosing the best trimmer for men and learning how to use it properly means that with minimum hassle, you will achieve the look you want.
So, if you are done with the coarse, untidy, disheveled look, learn some easy ways to use a hair trimmer. But don't you worry, right from functions to applying after-shave, here are some tips that you must keep in mind when using the best trimmer for men:
Choose the Best Hair Trimmer and Guard Size
The first step is to understand the kind of look you are going for and the ones you'd like to try out in the future. Considering your requirements, choose amongst the best trimmer for men with specific functionalities.
Usually, most brands offer combos of combs, guards, and other attachments to cut and style various hair lengths, but some do require you to change blade angles for precise cuts. Even, if you want to style your beard, and not shave it off, you need to find the best beard trimmer accordingly.
Dry Before You Use a Trimmer
Dripping wet hair is both tricky and challenging to cut correctly with a trimmer, so don't even try.
Here’s how to do it:
- Pat your damp hair with a dry towel before you use your trimmer. Also, it helps avoid the rusting of the trimmer blades and makes the process much easier to get the look that you want.
- You can also use a hairdryer to dry your beard before using a trimmer.
The First Cut While Trimming
The first cut is important while trimming your beard. Here’s how to do it:
- Before you start trimming, attach the correct guard that is required for your desired cut length.
- If you want to avert embarrassing slips, it's wise to start shaving or trimming the large sections of your hair and then move progressively to the shorter sections.
- Hold your clippers with the blades pointing downwards and the tip of the guard lightly touching your scalp.
- For the smartest cut, run the trimmer in the opposite direction to your hair growth. It will help the guard feed as much hair as possible into the trimmer blades with each stroke.
Keep it Sturdy
Even going slowly, it just takes a few minutes to trim your hair. Rush it, and you will have to suffer for weeks for some mistakes. Here’s what you can do:
- Avoid tugging your hair or scratching your skin.
- Work in small sections around the head. It helps you to grab and cut all the hair you want, without scratching your scalp.
- You can do the same with your beard as well.
Use an After Shave
After you are done shaving, you must use an after-shave moisturizer. It helps to manage the irritation and soothe your skin. A quality aftershave moisturizer or balm should keep your skin feeling supple and less itchy.
Select the Best Hair Trimmer for Men
Growing or shaving facial hair is a personal preference and a decision that every guy must make for themselves. There's no right or wrong choice about having a clean-shaven, or lightly stubbled, or even a full moustache or bearded face. What is essential is to remember that taking care of your facial hair is the best way to keep your skin healthy and avoid any rashes or skin irritations.
Knowing the art of using the best trimmer can avoid the hassles of unsatisfied salon trips. At Vega, we offer a collection of various high-end, premium quality hair trimmers, including options of stainless-steel blades and a self-sharpening feature. The comb can be adjusted to 5 positions and can help create almost any style. Along with these things, they are travel-friendly, which makes them the best trimmer for men.